Hey gang, I want to talk to you about something called compounding interest. I’m sure you’ve heard of it when it comes to finances and savings. For example, starting at 25 years old, if you invest $2,ooo dollars every year ($167 per month), by the time you’re 65 you’ll have over $1 million in the bank due to interest gained over the years (depending on interest rates and what not, but you get the point). Not bad!!! However, if you start just 10 years later at the age 35, you won’t have nearly the compounding interest on your investment. By compounding interest, you accumulate a nice little pot of cash!
Your health is the exact same way! There is positive accumulation and negative accumulation. It is just like the investment example above. Now, if you ate Big Macs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; skipped your workout; and thought terrible thoughts all day long today, you’re not going to die from that (right away anyways). Matter of fact, the next day you will most likely feel no difference. But, if you did that every day, or even every other day, your body starts to negatively accumulate bad health leading to sickness, dis-ease, and an early death.
Now, what if you ate great, got an awesome workout in, and thought happy thoughts all day long today. The same is true, you won’t have ultimate health right away. The next day you will probably feel no difference. However, if you do this everyday, or at least most of the days, you will start accumulate great health! This is the key to living a happy, healthy, long life.
Like I said, making poor health decisions won’t kill you today, but don’t think for a second that every decision you make doesn’t have an effect on your future health! How many of you want to end up in a nursing home? No? That’s what I thought. I’ve never heard ANYBODY say, “Yeah, my goal is to end up in the nursing home where they have to feed me, take me to the bathroom, and bathe me because I can’t do it myself.” Unfortunately, 1 in 4 Americans will end up in a nursing home. Sad, isn’t it? I see so many people ignore their health and work so hard to make enough money to do the things they love when they retire. Then, they finally reach retirement and, due to poor health, they have no chance of living the life they dreamed of years ago. Ignore your health and it will go away! Wouldn’t you rather make some great decision today and end up on a cruise ship in the Caribbean somewhere? Heck yeah! All I ask is that you not wear knee-high socks with shorts! 😉
Live the life you love!!!
Love and Health,
“Successful people do what unsuccessful people won’t!”
Wow, what a powerful statement! That’s one of those statements that when you read it in a book, you have to pick up the highlighter marker and highlight it. At least that’s what I did.
“Only 5% of people are truly successful. The other 95% are not.”
Another powerful statement, right?! Absolutely!
But here’s the question….what is SUCCESS? There are a lot of definitions out there, but there is one that I believe is the best, simplest definition of all. Are you ready?….
Success can be best defined as peace of mind!
How about that? So simple, yet so true! It’s not about how much money you make or what kind of car you drive. It’s about having the peace of mind that you have a purpose-driven life, that you are doing what you love, that you have wonderful relationships, that you give for the sake of giving, love for the sake of loving, and serve for the sake of serving. And that you don’t care one bit how big your neighbor’s house is or all the toys that they have, because that never correlates to success as we have defined it above!
One thing successful people do that unsuccessful people don’t do is set goals. Think of goals as “dreams with deadlines.” If you don’t make a plan for your life, somebody else will! So how do we set goals? With the New Year approaching I want to give you a game plan for setting goals:
1) Start with WHY! Why do you want to reach your goals? What will it do for you life? Don’t worry about HOW you’re going to reach these goals just yet, that will figure itself out!
2) WRITE YOUR GOALS DOWN!!!! (put them in a place where you’ll see your goals EVERYDAY!)
3) Set quarterly goals. It’s great to have mid-term and long-term goals, but break them down into quarterly goals so you have regular deadlines.
4) Set goals in each area of your life (Professional, Physical, Spiritual, Financial, Personal)
5) Set specific, measurable, attainable, but stretching goals (I want to lose weight = Wrong…too general! I want to lose 10 lbs and be at 15% body fat by April 1, 2011 = Great! Specific, measurable, attainable, but stretching, with a deadline)
6) Have a reward. Go out and buy the reward NOW. However, you can’t use it until you reach your goal. Keep in the box or the plastic.
7) Get a partner and tell them your goals. If you don’t reach your goals, you have to give your reward to them (or something of equal value).
8) Develop a Penalty for not reaching your goal. This should be a “near-vomit-producing” penalty. Something you would HATE to do. (Ex. Clean the inside of a Port-a-Potty outhouse :()
9) Take Action! Do something…anything…just take action. Have a “Ready, Fire, Aim” approach. Take action, learn, make corrections, and repeat!
So there you have it. You have your goals. You have your carrot. You have your stick. And you’re going to take action!
If you set goals and try to achieve them, whatever they may be, you are already a successful person! I wish you the best of luck!
Love and Health,
How many of you would say you have too much stuff? Too many material things, too many things to do, too much of whatever else. What if you could throw everything you have away and start over? Would that be refreshing? Would your life be a bit less stressful? I think so!
Here are 10 things to consider when simplifying your life:
1) One Thing at a Time – Avoid multi-tasking! It kills productivity!
2) Simplify Your Schedule – Get a planner. Divide your day into 3 “mini-days.” Before work, during work, after work. Then, divide those “mini-days” into blocks of time for whatever you want to do.
3) Get Moving – Exercise will keep you happy and healthy for a long time. It will also increase your productivity by decluttering your mind.
4) Develop One Healthy Habit This Month – Whether that be eating an apple a day, drinking 1/2 your bodyweight in ounces of clean water, meditating for 8 minutes, or exercising for 20 minutes, just do something that will build health!
5) Do Something Calming – I suggest meditating for 5-8 minutes. Just focus on your breathing let any thoughts that pop into your mind drift away (catch and release). OR Try to relax every single muscle in your body for 2 minutes everyday. OR Listen to some great music!
6) Simplify Your Finances – I’m no financial expert, but technology today has made it easier to keep finances simple. For example, setting automatic bill pay online for my bills has given me tremendous peace of mind!
7) Have a Blast! – Don’t be afraid to have some simple fun, and this doesn’t have to be expensive. Rent a movie, play some games, host a pot-luck dinner for your neighborhood.
8) Get Creative! – Read a book, write a poem or story, play a musical instrument, brush your teeth with the opposite hand, go around the grocery store in the opposite direction. Basically, keep your mind and body guessing! It will keep you young and sharp and help you avoid boredom!
9) DeClutter – That’s right…that terrible aqua-colored sweater that you’re keeping around just for “that one time” that you might wear it…get rid of it….throw it away…or donate it! (No offense to anybody out there who actually wears a terrible aqua-colored sweater! ;))
10) Be Early – Leave early and take your time! Watch how less stressed you are when you get to wherever you’re going!
Try to implement a few of these tactics at a time and watch how your life becomes much more peaceful. Now, you are ready to do whatever you are passionate about and be your very best at it! Be Awesome!
Love and Health,
P.S. Just curious…for all you teachers out there…have there been more sick days than usual in your classes so far this week? Sugar shuts down your immune system for up to 4 hours. So all those bugs that your body can usually fight off have free range for 4 hours. Halloween = candy = more sugar = depleted immune systems = sick days. Let’s make it an experiment…keep track…let me know! Thanks!
I want you take a short quiz for me. Don’t bother getting a pen and paper…just read…if you can’t answer them, just keep going.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last five Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These people are the best in their field, but applause dies and achievements are forgotten. Awards are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worth while.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones who CARE.
In my opinion, the easiest way to solve YOUR OWN problems is to help solve the problems of OTHERS! Who do you CARE about? How can you help them improve their lives? Just a couple very powerful questions to think about!
Love and Health,
Hey gang! Talking about abundance today!
The definition of abundance is ‘a great or plentiful amount.’ The challenge is to stop focusing on what we do not have and shift our conciousness to an appreciation of all that we do have. You will travel to where you focus. For example, what happens when you turn your head while you’re driving? You go there! (Please DO NOT try this! 😉
Mother Teresa was once asked to participate in a march against war. She respectfully declined stating, “If you have a march for peace, I’ll be there!” This is one reason why we do not focus on treating symptoms in our wellness center! We choose rather to focus on building health.
How about this for a statistic….only 1/2% (that’s 0.5%) of all the money the CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) receives, which is BILLIONS of dollars, goes toward health and wellness. That’s mind-boggling to me! Just imagine if this country invested in teaching children wellness strategies at an early age. How much money and debt would that save this country?
What if instead of having a march for cancer for example, we had a march for wellness? Just a thought!
So how do we live abundantly? Here are a few ways:
1) Be creative, not competitive (serve others)
2) Look at life without limits
3) Focus on where you want to go
4) Be grateful (you can bring joy and happiness to anyone you meet)
5) Know that set-backs are preparing you for better things to come
6) The rising tide raises all ships (help others live abundantly)
7) Correct your internal interference and stay that way for the rest of your life
Our sole focus is to correct interference in the human body so that you can express life to its fullest! We cannot help with anything that is wrong with you, only what is right with you! That’s it! That’s all! That’s everything!
Love and Health,
Hey gang! I hope everyone is doing fantastic! I want to take a minute to talk about your summer goals. Have you come up with yours yet?
Take some time and think of something you want to accomplish in the next 90 days of Summer (June 1 – August 31). I want you to think of ONE goal and write it down on a piece of paper and bring it with you on your next visit. Be specific! Here are a few examples just to get you thinking:
– lose 20 lbs
– be able to do 30 pushups in a row
– run a 5K in under 30 minutes
– lower golf handicap by 5 strokes
– be able to walk 2 miles without stopping
– be below 20% body fat
– eliminate medications
– eat a 70% plant-based diet
These are just a few examples of “WHAT” you might want to do. The real question is “WHY” do you want to do them. So many people fail to reach their goals because they decide the “WHAT” but never the consider the “WHY”. Let’s take the first example into consideration.
People say, “I want to lose 20 lbs.” That’s great, but “WHY” do you want to do this? This sounds a little different: “I want to be the best husband and father I can be. I want to be healthy and happy when my kids grow up and graduate, get married, and have my grandchildren for me to play with….so I want to lose 20 lbs.” Do you see the difference?
Don’t you think your chances of reaching that goal are better when you decide the “WHY” before the “WHAT”? I think so!!! So, I challenge you, figure out the “WHY” first, the “WHAT” second, and we’ll do everything we can to show you the “HOW”!
Love and Health,
Hey everybody! If you are reading this Email it means that you are part of our family! You are part of our troop! You are part of the health revolution in this community and this country.
We are a family that is NOT O.K. with what is going on in this country as far as wellness and vitality are concerned. More drugs, radiation, and surgery is clearly not the answer. You could just get out of your car, get adjusted, get back in your car, and leave. But you are better than that!
You are a model for everyone to follow. By what you do, how you act, how you eat, how you exercise, how you think allows people to follow in your footsteps! It allows others to want to be like you! For that, we can’t thank you enough. We are dedicated to helping you reach your FULL POTENTIAL. So troops, what are your marching orders?
1) Continue striving to reach your Full Potential by eating well, moving well, thinking well, and having maximum nerve flow. People will follow your lead.
2) Tell the message! There are people out there who need YOUR help! You have the power to influence them and change their lives. Speak the truth in love!
Your life should be lived like a candle burning bright right up until the very end, flicker a couple times, and go out. I challenge you to help others experience the radiant vitality that you have!
Love and Health,