I want you take a short quiz for me. Don’t bother getting a pen and paper…just read…if you can’t answer them, just keep going.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last five Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These people are the best in their field, but applause dies and achievements are forgotten. Awards are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worth while.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones who CARE.
In my opinion, the easiest way to solve YOUR OWN problems is to help solve the problems of OTHERS! Who do you CARE about? How can you help them improve their lives? Just a couple very powerful questions to think about!
Love and Health,